Improving with Age

Had to post this, my grand - daughter is beautiful and calm, feisty, - twice blessed!

Pickle and Boo is ticking along nicely. I will never be rich but I am happy about this area of my life. I opened an Etsy shop but they wouldn't let me have Pickle and Boo so its Gin and Pickle. I have been so busy with many, many things that the Etsy shop only has one item in it to date.

This is my friend Karim who sadly passed away last week - such a shock. I wanted to post this here so the picture will be safe.

Just before Christmas my sewing machine broke, the first of many electrical goods that we lost in the last 3 months. So I had to buy a new one with a little help from my friend Sarah, and I am so pleased with it. I seem to be improving with age as I have managed to conquer a couple of things this year - I finally learned how to knit in more than one colour neatly and can also applique really well.

At present I think I would be lost without my online friends, they are my support network who never judge or criticise. Johns health is deteriorating and he spends much more time in bed but I am content with my lot and if I do get stir crazy as I do on occasion I power walk. We were planning a bucket list trip for John to Belgium but he has decided its too much so we are planning to go somewhere in the UK he hasn't been but that's all up in the air at present.

I am still super frugal and looking forward to spring so I can get some planting done especially after last years success with cabbages and broccoli!!!! Oh and my 2 mini sweetcorn cobs, don't forget those.   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.