Summer success's

Every year my little garden produces more and more food as I become more organised and accepting of what will not grow in the ground. This year I lost a big bed full of shallots to critters - they waited till they were nice and big then decimated them.

This years biggest success is tomatoes, I have them everywhere - in the greenhouse, vertical pods and random pots. I have had a handful a day and there are many more to come before I pack up for the winter.
Very proud of my heirloom tomatoes as I was running out of seed having lost every plant for the last 2 years.
They just look so beautiful and eccentric.
Here is my little Kuri squash and there are a few more to mature on the plant.
My little apple tree is groaning under the weight of fruit and this is only its second year. It cost me £8 on offer from D B Browns so am very happy with it.
My patio weed clearance is going well, have lmost done the first half ready to plant creeping thyme if the weather warms up a little. Next I need to clear the path down to the shed and greenhouse to make life easier this winter then next year will clear the other half. I have rescued 2 buckets of soil the worms have made under the weeds and tipped them in the raised bed which has sunk a little the last few years.

All in all a productive time which has lifted my spirits no end and saved me a fortune in the gym!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.